Time is valuable. We’ve all heard that ‘Time is Money’. Time is a fleeting commodity and limited. The same holds true in my life. With my current job, writing, crafting, etc., my time is limited. I don’t have ‘free’ time.
My editing rates: [*Note: Rates are subjective to the quality of work submitted. For example, if every line/page is riddled with errors and needs excessive overall, the rates will be higher or the work rejected.] 50% required upfront via Paypal.
1. Copy Editing
Copy editing costs an average of $4 per page.
- Basic copyediting: $25 to $40 per hour
Pace: 5 to 10 pages an hour
- Heavy copyediting: $35 to $50 per hour
Pace: 2 to 5 pages an hour
- Substantive editing (also called line editing): $40 to $65 per hour
Pace: 1 to 6 pages per hour
- Developmental editing: $50 to $80 per hour Pace: 2 to 5 pages per hour
2. Proofreading is $3 per page.
3. Copy editing costs an average of $4 per page.
4. Content Editing costs $50-$85 per hour.
5. Line Editing costs between $.03 and $.07 per word.
Fiction Book Chapters Editing/Critique (up to 20 pages): $30.00
Full Novel under 400 pages: $300.00 [Sample of writing must be evaluated prior to set price]
*Note: Quick Turnaround Times cost more.